- Packed with omega-3, protein, rare antioxidants, and fiber
- Excellent source of essential minerals such as phosphorous, manganese, calcium, sodium, and potassium
- 3 tablespoons contains 6 times more calcium than whole milk, and 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
- They’re about 14% protein, which is very high compared to most plants.
- They also have a good balance of essential amino acids, so your body should be able to make use of their protein content
- Chia seeds can aid weight loss
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Chia Seeds May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Chia seeds are high in several nutrients that are important for bone health. This includes calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein.
- Chia Seeds May Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
- One ounce (28 grams) of chia seeds has 12 grams of carbs. However, 11 of those grams are fiber, which your body doesn’t digest.
- Great in yogurt, oatmeal, baked goods, or smoothies
- Can be added to sauces as a thickener, or even used in baked goods as a replacement for eggs
Fiber neither raises blood sugar nor requires insulin to be disposed of. Though it belongs to the carbohydrate family, its health effects are drastically different from those of digestible carbs like starch and sugar.
The digestible carb content is only one gram per ounce (28 grams), which is very low. This makes chia a low-carb friendly food.
HOW TO USE:
Being neutral in taste, you can add these versatile little seeds in many of your favourite dishes and drinks!
Weight: 100 Grams